Macy's Vs. Amazon - Which Company Is More Price Competitive?
- Macy’s Inc operates as a retailer of high-end fashion apparel, footwear and jewelry.
- The company has lost more than 55% from its peak, and now trades below 15x PE.
- There is a common assumption that retailers are more expensive than Amazon, however few researchers have compared prices.
- Today, we conduct an extensive study to see whether Amazon is more price competitive than Macy's. This is through a random sampling method of products that Macy’s sells, and cross-checking
- Comparing 27 products in 8 different categories, we find that Macy's, on average, is 26% more expensive than Amazon.
To read the full article click here.